1. The total amount of water on the earth is about 326 million cubic miles of water.
2. Hot water freezes faster than cold water. This is known as the Mpemba Effect, and no-one knows why it happens.
3. It takes 100 litres of water to make 2 slices of bread and 65 litres to make the cheese filling in your sandwich.
4. There is more water in the atmosphere than in all of our rivers combined.
5. At one drip per second, a faucet can leak 3,000 gallons in a year.
6. Water expands by 9% when it freezes.
7. 1% of earths water is drinkable. 90% of that is in Antarctica. 20% of the remaining .1% is in a lake in Russia (Lake Baikal).
8. It is important for pregnant women to drink pure water as lead in drinking water can cause severe birth defects.
9. Water companies in England carried out 3,853,350 tests in 2014 on the quality of water – just 0.04% of these failed to meet the standards.
10. 38,000,000 plastic bottles head to landfill every day.
About Us - Kennet Water manufacture and hold a comprehensive stock of water treatment product in our 20,000 square foot warehouse in Newbury, Berkshire and this is regularly re-stocked by shipments from Europe and the USA. Our aim is to offer same day dispatch of orders received in the morning and next day delivery is available to most areas of the UK. Kennet Water is part of the Pollet Water Group (PWG) and can therefore count on the support and strength of this international European business group. PWG, with its network of companies in 20 countries, is active in over 130 countries worldwide.